The club dates back to July 1937, when it was officially opened by Sir Frederick
Oliver, at the time it was called ‘The Leicester Open - Air Miniature Rifle Club’.
The present clubhouse, which hosts the 10 metre air rifle/pistol range was completed
in 1987 and replaced an earlier wooded one which was destroyed by fire in 1984.
Up until the late 1990’s the club mainly catered for .22 rimfire rifle and .22 rimfire
pistol. However with the changes to the gun laws and the development of more sophisticated
and very accurate air guns we now also cater for most of the air gun target shooting
In 2007 the club commissioned a new 25 yard indoor range for both live ammunition
and air gun target shooting. Lottery funding has financed the build of a new 50 metre
rimfire range to complement the existing outdoor 25 yard, 50 yard and 100 yard ranges.